Continuing Education Information
Continuing Education Credits
RACE provider #50-26221: The ACVS Surgery Summit has been approved for 301 hours of continuing education in jurisdictions that recognize Registry of Approved Continuing Education (RACE), with 31.25 hours available to an individual attendee.
There are three ways to track your CE credits.
Participants should be aware that some boards have limitations on the number of hours accepted in certain categories and/or restrictions on certain methods of delivery of CE. CE offerings are recognized by the State Education Department of New York. Check offering descriptions for the current status of CE approval.
For additional information, contact Jake Berry, ACVS continuing education coordinator, at (301) 916-0200 x107, or visit the AAVSB website.
- Track by seminar using the CE certificate of attendance form on pages 67 and 68 of the printed Program Guide you received during onsite check-in.
- Track by lectures using the Surgery Summit mobile app. Download the mobile app. For instructions, visit acvs.org/surgery-summit/app. You must log in once using your ACVS website username and password. Forgot your login information? Visit acvs.org/login.
Once logged in, search for the lecture or laboratory attended and select “CE Survey” at the bottom. You will be directed to complete a short session evaluation. The evaluation must be completed for each lecture or laboratory attended to add the credit hours to your CE certificate. Once completed, click “Submit.” This will add your CE credits to your certificate. Once the evaluation is complete, click “Submit to Complete Task.” You can add additional lectures at any time.*
- Track by lectures at acvssurgerysummit.org. Log in with your ACVS website username and password. Select “CE Certificate” in the navigation. Under “TASKS,” click “Select Lectures Attended and Complete Lecture Evaluations.” Search for each lecture or laboratory attended and evaluate to add CE credit to your CE certificate. Once evaluations are complete, click “Submit to Complete Task.”* You can add additional lectures at any time.*
* For options 2 and 3:
- To add additional lectures, click “Select Lectures Attended and Complete Lecture Evaluations.” Search for your lecture, complete the evaluation, and submit to add hours to your CE certificate. Evaluations must be completed within 12 months of the Surgery Summit.
- Once all evaluations are complete, select “Download/Print Certificate.” You can view, save as a PDF, print, or email the completed certificate at any time.
Maintenance of Certification
The 2023 ACVS Surgery Summit is an ACVS Diplomate maintenance of certification (MOC) activity. To have ACVS record this activity on your MOC record, ACVS Diplomates must complete the post-presentation questions in the Surgery Summit mobile app for each lecture they attend. Questions must be completed by October 24, 2023. ACVS will upload the 2023 ACVS Surgery Summit activity to MOC records on October 25, 2023.
ACVS Diplomates who attend the 2023 ACVS Surgery Summit but do not complete the post-presentation questions by October 24 in the Surgery Summit mobile app may still claim their activity points by adding the meeting to their MOC records themselves. Instructions for obtaining your 2023 Surgery Summit CE certificate will be provided in the program guide and mobile app.
ACVS Diplomates are responsible for recording attendance at ACVS Surgery Summits prior to 2020.